Let’s Panic About Babies by Alice Bradley
St. Martin’s Griffin, 2011
Barnesandnoble.com: BABIES. Maybe you’re thinking of having one. There might even be one inside you right now, draining nutrients from your system via a tube growing from its midsection. Or maybe you’ve already got one around the house, somewhere, and you’re responsible for its continued survival. You’re saddled with a helpless being whom you’ve agreed to house and feed and love with all your heart for the rest of your life, more or less.
Either way, you’re confused, you’re frightened, and 911 won’t take your calls anymore. But don’t despair! Let’s Panic About Babies! is here to hold your hand and answer some important, age-old baby-related questions, including:
– How can I be sure I’m pregnant? (Torso swells gradually until baby falls into underpants.)
– Did I just pee myself? (Yes.)
– What happens if I have sex during my pregnancy? (Your baby will be born with a full, lush beard.)
– How can I tell if I’ve chosen the wrong pediatrician? (He/she can’t pronounce “stethoscope.”)
– How do I make sure my baby loves me back? (Voodoo.)
From the moment they’re created until the day they steal our cars, our babies demand center stage in our lives. So join Alice and Eden as they tell you (and your lucky partner!) exactly what to think and feel and do, from morning sickness to baby’s first steps. They know everything!